Wholly SmokeWholly Smoke (1938) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 32 times this month, and 1871 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Porky's Mother, Nick O'Teen, Bully, Mills Brothers, Three Stooges, Bing Crosby, Rudy Vallee, Cab Calloway, Cigars, Pipes, Cigarettes.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Tedd Pierce.
- Directed By Frank Tashlin.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Robert Bentley.
- Written By George Manuel.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on August 27, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
- Black & White
In this anti-smoking moral tale, Porky trades his last nickel for a cigar to prove his manhood. Porky is given five cents to buy candy in town, but on the way... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Colorized in 1990. The King's Men, a vocal quartet, have been rumored to be the singers of the "Mysterious Mose" parody. Songs include:
- "Mysterious Mose" (Walter Doyle-Ted Weems),... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Wholly Smoke" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wholly Smoke? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!