Intellectual InterludeIntellectual Interlude (1961) - Popeye Cartoon Episode Guide
This page has been viewed 14 times this month, and 650 times total.
- Popeye Cartoon Episode GuideEpisode GuideTelevisionSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rembrandt Films, Gene Deitch Studios, Zagreb Film
- Distributed by: King Features Syndicate.
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Teacher, Scientist.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Mae Questel.
- Directed By Zeljko Kanceljak.
- Produced By Willliam L. Snyder, Gene Deitch, Al Brodax.
- Animated By Halas and Batchelor.
- Written By Gene Deitch.
- Music: Stepan Konicek.
- First Aired about 1961.
- Originally Released in Syndication.
- Running Time: 6:07 minutes.
- U.S.A. / Yugoslavia
Olive Oyl tells Popeye that he needs to be more intellectual, so she enrolls herself and Popeye into adult education classes. While there, he samples a scientist's "Intellectual Spinach" potion which gives him genius-level intelligence. Popeye becomes a celebrity... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The title card mistakenly gives the copyright date as "MCMXLI" (1941). King Features had no cartoon studios, so Popeye storyboards were produced in its offices, while animation was divided between Paramount/Famous Studios, Larry Harmon Productions,... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Intellectual Interlude. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Intellectual Interlude? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!