Tortoise Beats HareTortoise Beats Hare (1941) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 44 times this month, and 3300 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Cecil Turtle, Chester Turtle, Other Turtles.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Tex Avery.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Charles McKimson, Virgil Ross.
- Written By Dave Monahan, Aesop.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Editor: Treg Brown.
- Originally Released on March 15, 1941.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:53 minutes.
Bugs puts up $10 that he can win a race with Cecil Turtle, but he is unaware that Cecil has many lookalike relatives to help him win. When the turtle, accepts Bugs thinks that it's hilarious. Cecil has one of his kin spaced just ahead of Bugs all the way- and one... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first of three in the series. Bugs ambles into the credits, and as he reads them out loud, he gets upset and tears them down in anger. Some footage was reused in the intro of "Tortoise Wins By A Hare." The first appearance of... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Tortoise Beats Hare" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Tortoise Beats Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!