Wet Blanket PolicyWet Blanket Policy (1948) - Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 46 times this month, and 1483 times total.
- Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: United Artists
- Cartoon Characters: Woody Woodpecker, A. Welcher (Buzz Buzzard).
- Voice Actors: Ben Hardaway, Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Dick Lundy.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Les Kline, Ken O'Brien.
- Written By Ben Hardaway, Heck Allen.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Original Song, "The Woody Woodpecker Song" (Music and Lyrics: Ramey Idriss, George Tibbles), 1948.
- Music: Gloria Wood, Harry Babbit.
- Originally Released on August 27, 1948.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
Underhanded insurance agent A. Welcher forces Woody into signing a "Low Life" insurance policy- a document stating that the agent will get $10,000 if Woody kicks the bucket.
Cartoon Production Information:
First appearance of Buzz Buzzard (here named "A. Welcher"). "Wet Blanket Policy" has the distinction of being the only cartoon short to be nominated for an Oscar for Best Song: "The Woody... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Wet Blanket Policy" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wet Blanket Policy? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!