The Zoot CatThe Zoot Cat (1944) - Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 131 times this month, and 5380 times total.
- Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Tom, Jerry, Toots.
- Voice Actors: Sara Berner, William Hanna, Billy Bletcher.
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Animated By Ray Patterson, Kenneth Muse, Irv Spence, Pete Burness.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on February 26, 1944.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:03 minutes.
Shedding his "square" image, Tom becomes "cool" and wins the affection of a black kitten by wearing a makeshift green and orange zoot suit (made from a lampshade and a cut-up hammock). Jerry doesn't offer... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This is the first cartoon in which Tom speaks. He talks to his black kitten girlfriend in the voice and accent of Charles Boyer! Irv Spence worked mainly on the jitterbugging sequence, according to animator Mark Kausler. This is the first Tom and... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Zoot Cat? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!