The Old PioneerThe Old Pioneer (1934) - Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 20 times this month, and 2641 times total.
- Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Harman-Ising Productions
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Pioneer, Newsboy, Indian Explorer, Indian Chief.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on September 29, 1934.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:30 minutes.
- Production Number: 3402
- Cinecolor (Two-Strip)
An old geezer- with perhaps a bit of Baron Munchausen in him- tells of his heroic exploits to a newsboy hawking papers at a cigar store, with a huge statue of a wooden Indian outside. The pioneer tells of how he defended his people while crossing the desert... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The square-dance sequence (immediately preceding the dramatic meat of this film's plot) is one of the only instances of animation lifted directly from that of a competing studio. The theft in question is from Warner Bros' Goopy Geer cartoon... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Old Pioneer" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Old Pioneer? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!