I Love To SingaI Love To Singa (1936) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 298 times this month, and 20693 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Owl Jolson, Professor Fritz Owl, Mama Owl, Jack Bunny, Stuttering Grasshopper, Fat Chicken Singer.
- Voice Actors: Tommy Bond, Billy Bletcher, Martha Wentworth, Joe Dougherty, Bernice Hansen.
- Directed By Tex Avery.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Chuck Jones, Virgil Ross, Robert Clampett, James Cullhane, Robert Cannon, Joe D'Igalo, Stan Quackenbush, Sid Sutherland, Tom McKimson.
- Music: Norman Spencer.
- Originally Released on July 18, 1936. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:16 minutes.
Owls are happy with their three classically musical kids but dismayed at their fourth one, who won't stop singing jazz. So they kick him out. He goes on Jack Bunny's radio show (billing himself as Owl Jolson), and the family... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Based on the song (by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg) from Warner Bros.'s Al Jolson movie "The Singing Kid" (1936). Although the protagonist is named after Al Jolson, he does not sing in a Jolson-styled voice. Tommy Bond is perhaps better remembered... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "I Love To Singa" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about I Love To Singa? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!