The King Of JazzThe King Of Jazz (1930) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 49 times this month, and 1480 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- 3D CG Animation
- Universal Studios
- Distributed by: Universal Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Paul Whiteman, Lion, Monkey, Elephant.
- Live-Action Characters: Paul Whiteman, The Rhythm Boys, Walter Brennan, Tommy Atkins, Dagmar Brox, Kathlyn Brox, Lorraine Brox, Eddie Lang, Editor, Secretary.
- Voice Actors: Bing Crosby.
- Live-Action Characters: Paul Whiteman, John Boles (Specialty Singer, Laura La Plante, Jeanette Loff, Bing Crosby; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By John Murray Anderson.
- Produced By Carl Laemmle Jr.
- Animated By Walter Lantz, William Nolan.
- Written By Charles MacArthur, Harry Ruskin.
- Music: Milton Ager, James Dietrich, George Gershwin, Billy Rose, Mabel Wayne; more Musicians ...
- Editor: Robert Carlisle.
- Originally Released on April 20, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 105 minutes.
- TechniColor (Two-color)
How was Paul Whiteman crowned the King of Jazz? According to a pioneering five-minute color cartoon at the beginning of this film, he was game hunting "in darkest... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This film included the first Technicolor animated cartoon (which was also the first color sound cartoon). It was the second Technicolor feature film (after Warner's "On with the Show"). The... (more)
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The King Of Jazz? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!