Destination EarthDestination Earth (1956) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 11 times this month, and 947 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- John Sutherland Productions, Film Counselors Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Ogg, Colonel Cosmic, Other Martians.
- Directed By Carl Urbano.
- Produced By John Sutherland.
- Animated By George Cannata, Ken O'Brien, Bill Higgins, Tom Ray, Russ Von Neida.
- Written By Bill Scott, Michael Amestoy, George Gordon.
- Originally Released in 1956 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 13:36 minutes.
Science-fiction-influenced cartoon sponsored by petroleum producers to lionize their industry and promote free enterprise. Martian dissidents learn that oil and competition are the two things that make America great. Colonel Cosmic, a little green man from the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Sponsored by the Oil Industry Information Committee of the American Petroleum Institute. Destination Earth played at New York's Paramount Theatre and was later broadcast and distributed non-theatrically. Released in both 35mm... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Destination Earth" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Destination Earth? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!