With Poopdeck Pappy
Alternate Title: Poopdeck PappyWith Poopdeck Pappy (Poopdeck Pappy) (1940) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1 time this month, and 1576 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Poopdeck Pappy, Nightclub Patrons.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Bill Nolan, Winfield Hoskins.
- Written By George Manuell.
- Originally Released on November 15, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:12 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye is constantly trying to get Poopdeck Pappy to get to bed and sleep, while Pappy keeps escaping from home, trying to get to a nightclub and have some fun. Popeye keeps complaining to Pappy that he is "99 years old, and should try to behave himself." Each... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This cartoon resumes the use of a redesigned "shipboard" series title card. This special title card was used through "Popeye Presents Eugene, the Jeep." The original black and white cartoon has... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about With Poopdeck Pappy? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!