The Spinach OvertureThe Spinach Overture (1935) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 46 times this month, and 1162 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Adolph Zukor
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, J. Wellington Wimpy.
- Voice Actors: William "Red Pepper Sam" Costello, Mae Questel, Gus Wickie, Charles Lawrence.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer.
- Animated By Seymour Kneitel, Roland Crandall.
- Originally Released on December 07, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:04 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye's band and Bluto's orchestra both practice in the same rehearsal hall.
Cartoon Production Information:
The only episode where Bluto is bald-headed. The print reviewed had the original anchor end title. The original black and white cartoon has been colorized. Castor Oyl (Olive Oyl's brother in the E.C. Segar comic strip) has been said to be a member... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Spinach Overture" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Spinach Overture? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!