Alternate Title: A Cartoon Travesty of The RavenThe Raven (A Cartoon Travesty of The Raven) (1942) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 39 times this month, and 3835 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Raven, Scottish Terrier, Wolf.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Written By Carl Meyer, Pinto Colvig.
- Originally Released on April 03, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 14 minutes.
Edgar Allan Poe's 1845 poem "The Raven." On a stormy night, the raven appears at the door of a wolf's house as a vacuum cleaner salesman! The wolf convinces him to go to the castle of a Scotsman (a thrifty Scottish terrier) to try to sell him a vacuum (while the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The story is told in rhymes in imitation of Poe.
The musical score includes the Hungarian Rhapsody.
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Raven. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Raven? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!