A Hick A Slick And A ChickA Hick A Slick And A Chick (1948) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 16 times this month, and 1752 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Elmo, Daisy Lou, Blackie, Herman the Cat.
- Voice Actors: Stan Freberg, Mel Blanc, Bea Benaderet, Harry E. Lang.
- Directed By Art Davis.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By J. C. Melendez, Don Williams, Emery Hawkins, Basil Davidovich.
- Written By Lloyd Turner, Bill Scott.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on March 13, 1948.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:08 minutes.
- Production Number: 1073.
Elmo (the Hick) gets all slicked up and arrives at his girl's house in the city by hubcap. He catches Blackie (the Slick) kissing Daisy Lou (the Chick), and he starts a competition with Blackie for Daisy's affection. Elmo brings in a handful of flowers; Blackie... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Art Davis once told me this was his favorite cartoon he did at Warner Bros. Jimmy Durante is caricatured. The closing "iris" is shaped like the pattern of an "ermine" coat, which just happens to match the shape cut from the fur of the cat's rear end... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "A Hick A Slick And A Chick" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Hick A Slick And A Chick? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!