A Date To SkateA Date To Skate (1938) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 54 times this month, and 1204 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Adolph Zukor
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Mae Questel.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer.
- Animated By Willard Bowsky, Orestes Calpini.
- Originally Released on November 18, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:11 minutes.
- Black & White
Well blow me down... it's Olive Oyl, the terror of the roller rink. Popeye takes Olive roller-skating; she's never skated before, so he has to teach her, and she's not exactly a quick learner. At one point, an audience member throws a can of spinach... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The last Fleischer cartoon in which Mae Questel supplies the voice of Olive Oyl. This corresponds (roughly) to the studio's moving to Florida. One of 10 episodes without Bluto after Gus Wickle quit voicing Bluto. There are no 3-D backgrounds in... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Date To Skate? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!