Blunder BelowBlunder Below (1942) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 21 times this month, and 1078 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Max Fleisher Cartoon
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Sailors, Captain, Japanese Enemy Sailors.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Dave Tendlar, Harold Walker.
- Written By Bill Turner, Ted Pierce.
- Originally Released on February 13, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:03 minutes.
- Black & White
On the bridge of a navy ship, the captain is teaching the sailors how to work a gun. Popeye is not as quick as the others and has his troubles firing the gun. However, when he encounters a real enemy submarine loaded with stereotyped Japanese crew, he ends up... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The print reviewed had original titles. The original black and white cartoon has been colorized. A brief moment when a little Japanese captain comes out of his submarine Popeye is hitting and he says "So solly" [sic] is cut from... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Blunder Below? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!