Billboard FrolicsBillboard Frolics (1935) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 45 times this month, and 2322 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Billboard Characters.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Cal Dalton, Sandy Walker.
- Music: Bernard Brown.
- Originally Released on November 09, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:36 minutes.
- TechniColor (Two-Strip)
At night, characters from advertising billboards come to life to sing and dance. There's also a story of a little chick being stalked by a villainous cat. The billboard characters find themselves in the middle of this action. Lots of advertising jokes include... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Reused animation from "The Girl At The Ironing Board." This cartoon was updated in 1942's "Lights Fantastic." The immortal song "Merrily We Roll Along," which would later be adapted as the Merrie Melodies theme, first appeared here. It is performed... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Billboard Frolics" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Billboard Frolics? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!