Mississippi HareMississippi Hare (1949) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 52 times this month, and 3359 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Colonel Shuffle, Purser, Southern Gentleman.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Billy Bletcher, The Sportsmen.
- Directed By Chuck Jones.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Ben Washam, Lloyd Vaughan, Ken Harris, Phil Monroe, A. C. Gamer.
- Written By Michael Maltese.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on February 26, 1949. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:35 minutes.
- Production Number: 1071.
Blue Ribbon: 1508.
Bugs stows away on the riverboat "The Southern Star." He plays poker against riverboat gambler Colonel Shuffle. Bugs, with seven aces, beats Colonel Shuffle, who has only six.
Cartoon Production Information:
Bugs' closing line: "Oh, well, we almost had a romantic ending!" Due to pressure from Warner Bros., this cartoon was one of 12 pulled from rotation by the Cartoon Network for its 2001 "June Bugs" marathon, originally planned as the first broadcast of... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Mississippi Hare" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Mississippi Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!