The Tortoise And The HareThe Tortoise And The Hare (1935) - Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 109 times this month, and 4750 times total.
- Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: United Artists Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Toby Tortoise, Max Hare.
- Directed By Wilfred Jackson.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Hamilton Luske, Larry Clemmons, Dick Huemer.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1935.
- Music: Frank Churchill.
- Originally Released on January 05, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:35 minutes.
A retelling of Aesop's fable. Max Hare and Toby Tortoise are having a foot race. Max has much more style, and is generally cocky. He pauses for a short nap, to chat up the bunnies outside a girl's school (and show off in several sports). When he hears the crowd... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Resulted in a sequel, Toby Tortoise Returns.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Tortoise And The Hare" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Tortoise And The Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!