A Christmas CarolA Christmas Carol (1971) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 46 times this month, and 1410 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Richard Williams Productions
- Distributed by: American Broadcasting Company
- Cartoon Characters: Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, Mrs. Cratchit, Tiny Tim, Marley's Ghost, Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Ragpicker, Fezziwig, Scrooge's Nephew, Charity Man, Mrs. Dilber.
- Voice Actors: Alastair Sim, Melvyn Hayes, Joan Sims, Alexander Williams, Michael Hordern.
- Directed By Richard Williams.
- Produced By Richard Williams, Chuck Jones.
- Animated By Janet Chapman, Bill Hajee, Roy Naisbitt, Anwar Rassam, Sergio Simonetti, Ken Harris.
- Written By Charles Dickens.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Animated Film), 1973.
- Music: Tristram Cary, The Children of Elliott School.
- Editor: Michael Crane, Ben Rayner.
- Originally Released on December 21, 1971.
- Originally Aired on ABC-TV (USA).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 25 minutes.
A retelling of the classic Charles Dickens tale. This compelling version tells the familiar tale of Ebenezer Scrooge, the miserly merchant who doesn't make merry... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The only motion picture version of "A Christmas Carol" to win an Academy Award. Initially released as a TV special, this was later released theatrically. Alastair Sim and Michael Hordern repeat... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "A Christmas Carol" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Christmas Carol? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!