The Selfish GiantThe Selfish Giant (1972) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 55 times this month, and 3475 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Gerald Potterton Productions, Pyramid Films, Reader's Digest
- Cartoon Characters: Giant, Children.
- Voice Actors: Paul Hecht, The King Singers, Charles Aznavour.
- Directed By Peter Sander.
- Produced By Murray Shostak, Peter Saunder, Christine LaRocque.
- Animated By Juan Pina, Julian Szuchopa, Paul Sabella, Arril Johnson, Micheline Lanctôt Marc Brault, Suzanne Raymond, Richard Larose.
- Written By Peter Sander, Oscar Wilde.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Animated Film), 1972.
- Music: Ron Goodwin.
- Editor: Christine LaRocque.
- Originally Released in June of 1972 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 26:32 minutes.
Based on one of Oscar Wilde's stories for children, this short feature focuses on a garden surrounding a castle occupied by a giant. While the giant is off visiting his friend the ogre, children play in the garden; when he returns, he chases them away and builds... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Selfish Giant" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Selfish Giant? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!