The Winged Scourge
Alternate Title: Public Enemy No.1The Winged Scourge (Public Enemy No.1) (1943) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 23 times this month, and 1621 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: U.S. Office of Inter-American Affairs
- Cartoon Characters: Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Grumpy.
- Directed By Bill Roberts.
- Produced By Walt Disney, Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs.
- Originally Released on January 15, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:44 minutes.
Shows the development of the Anopheles mosquito, carrier of the malaria germ. The Seven Dwarfs are used to point out several precautions to defeat malaria- such as cutting weeds, spraying, and draining standing pools of water. Once the house is patched and... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Produced under the auspices of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs. This was the only CIAA film to use well-known Disney characters. Although this cartoon was targeted to South America, it was produced in English. The scare tactics... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Winged Scourge" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Winged Scourge? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!