Catch As Cats CanCatch As Cats Can (1947) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 102 times this month, and 2209 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Sylvester, Bing Crosby Parrot, Frank Sinatra Canary.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Richard Bickenbach.
- Directed By Art Davis.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By J. C. Melendez, Basil Davidovich, Don Williams, Herman Cohen, A. C. Gamer.
- Written By Dave Monahan.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on December 06, 1947.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:12 minutes.
The Bing Crosbyesque parrot wants to get rid of his rival, the Frank Sinatra-like canary. He enlists Sylvester in his scheme. In the end, Sylvester imitates Crosby, complete with pipe and hat, and the Crosbyesque parrot is gone.... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Sylvester is not yet named in this cartoon. He has a substantially different voice in this cartoon. Sylvester, the cat, having eaten the Bing Crosby parrot, stands on his perch, smokes a pipe and quips, "There's nothin' like vitamins" After he says... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Catch As Cats Can" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Catch As Cats Can? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!