Die Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed
English Title: The Adventures of Prince AchmedDie Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed (The Adventures of Prince Achmed) (1926) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 160 times this month, and 1759 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- UFA, Comenius-Film GmbH
- Distributed by: Universum Film (Germany), University Arts Foundation (USA)
- Cartoon Characters: Prince Achmed, Princess Peri Banu, Sorcerer, Flying Horse, Aladdin, Witch of the Fiery Mountains, Monsters, Demons.
- Directed By Charlotte Lotte Reiniger, Carl Koch.
- Produced By Klaus-Peter Beyer.
- Animated By Charlotte Lotte Reiniger, Carl Koch, Walter Ruttmann, Berthold Bartosch, Walter Türck, Alexander Kardan.
- Written By Charlotte Lotte Reiniger.
- Music: Wolfgang Zeller, Helmut Imig, Torsten Scholz.
- Editor: Nina Goslar.
- Originally Released on September 03, 1926. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 65 minutes.
- Black & White, Tinted
A wicked sorcerer tricks Prince Achmed into mounting a magical flying horse and sends the rider off on a flight to his death. But the prince foils the magician's plan, and soars headlong into a series of wondrous adventures- joining forces with Aladdin and the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
A silent film. Puppet and paper cut-out / silhouette animation. One of the earliest feature-length animated films (only two Argentinean films, both now lost, may predate it). Thus Prinzen Achmed is the oldest surviving animated feature. Lotte... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Die Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Die Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!