Alternate Title: In the Good Ol' SummertimeSummertime (In the Good Ol' Summertime) (1935) - ComiColor Cartoons Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 11 times this month, and 1938 times total.
- ComiColor Cartoons Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- P. A. Powers
- Animation Studio: Ub Iwerks Studio
- Distributed by: Celebrity Productions, Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Pan, Other Satyrs, Winter, Sun, Rabbits, Groundhog, Other Forest Animals, Fireflies, Flowers.
- Directed By Ub Iwerks.
- Produced By Ub Iwerks.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on June 15, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:57 minutes.
This fable shows the struggle in nature as winter yields to spring and summer. The soundtrack, synchronized with the animated flowers, trees and animals of summer, consists of a variety of classical tunes, climaxing in the famous "Can-Can" music. Old Man Winter... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Originally titled "In the Good Ol' Summertime."
A possible forerunner of Walt Disney's "Fantasia."
One of the centaurs appears to be fashioned after Clark Gable.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Summertime" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Summertime? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!