The Jungle BookThe Jungle Book (1967) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 92 times this month, and 22944 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
- Cartoon Characters: Baloo the Bear, Bagheera the Panther, Mowgli the Man Cub, Shere Khan the Tiger, Kaa the Snake, King Louie of the Apes, Col. Hathi the Elephant, Buzzie, Hathi's Wife, Young Elephant, Vulture, Dizzy, Wolf, Rama, The Girl, Flunkey, Slob Elephant, Monkey, Ziggy.
- Voice Actors: Phil Harris, Sebastian Cabot, Bruce Reitherman, George Sanders, Sterling Holloway, Louis Prima, J. Pat O'Malley; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Wolfgang Reitherman.
- Produced By Walt Disney, Don Duckwall.
- Animated By Hal King, Eric Larson, Walt Stanchfield, Eric Cleworth, Fred Hellmich, John Ewing, Dick Lucas, Milt Kahl, Ollie Johnston, Frank Thomas, John Lounsbery.
- Written By Larry Clemmons, Ralph Wright, Ken Anderson, Vance Gerry, Rudyard Kipling.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Original Song, "The Bare Necessities" (Music and Lyrics: Terry Gilkyson), 1967.
- Music: George Bruns, Richard M. Sherman, Terry Gilkyson, Walter Sheets, Evelyn Kennedy; more Musicians ...
- Editor: Tom Acosta, Norman Carlisle.
- Originally Released on October 18, 1967. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 78 minutes.
- Production Number: 2179
Young Mowgli is abandoned in the jungle and raised by wolves, never knowing other humans. When the tiger, Shere Kahn, menaces the jungle, Bagheera, the panther, convinces Mowgli to find a man-village for protection. Along the way, Mowgli befriends Baloo, the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Le Livre De La Jungle (French)."
1967 saw the release of The Jungle Book, the studio's effort to "do more interesting animal characters" according to storyman Bill Peet. After writing the preceding two animated films, Walt gave Peet the assignment to work out the story. Walt took a... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Jungle Book? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!