The Home FrontThe Home Front (1943) - Private Snafu Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 19 times this month, and 936 times total.
- Private Snafu Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros.
- Distributed by: U.S. Army Signal Corps
- Cartoon Characters: Private Snafu, Technical Fairy First Class, Father, Mother, Grandpa, Sally Lou, Bump-and-Grind Dancers, 4-F Playboy.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Frank Tashlin.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on November 01, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 4:22 minutes.
- Black & White
Snafu is stationed at a remote, lonely and freezing northern outpost. "It's so cold," he says, "it would freeze the nuts off a jeep!" (at which point the jeep's lug nuts fall off). He fantasizes about how wonderful things are back home. He imagines his father... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Frank Capra, who was in charge of The Army-Navy Screen Magazine during the Second World War, is credited with having invented the character of Private SNAFU (a play on the army acronym for "Situation Normal- All Fouled Up"). The character model sheet... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Home Front" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Home Front? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!