GripesGripes (1943) - Private Snafu Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 13 times this month, and 964 times total.
- Private Snafu Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros.
- Distributed by: U.S. Army Signal Corps
- Cartoon Characters: Private Snafu, Technical Fairy First Class.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released in July of 1943 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 3 minutes.
- Black & White
With the help of Technical Fairy First Class, the disgruntled malcontent Private Snafu gets to see what things would be like if he were allowed to run the army.
Cartoon Production Information:
Frank Capra, who was in charge of The Army-Navy Screen Magazine during the Second World War, is credited with having invented the character of Private SNAFU (a play on the army acronym for... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Gripes. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Gripes? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!