Make Mine FreedomMake Mine Freedom (1948) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 70 times this month, and 3395 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- John Sutherland Productions, American Studies Institute at Harding College
- Animation Studio: John Sutherland Productions
- Distributed by: MGM
- Cartoon Characters: John Q. Public, Labor Employee, Dr. Utopia, ISM Salesman.
- Voice Actors: Billy Bletcher, Daws Butler, Frank Nelson .
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Awards: Award, Freedoms Foundation, 1949, Award, Cleveland Film Festival, 1950.
- Music: Scott Bradley, Paul J. Smith.
- Originally Released on February 25, 1948.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:46 minutes.
John Q. Public gives us a historical and educational outlook on the capitalism and freedom of the United States of America. Cartoon parable presenting the American system of government as the best in the world. "Dr. Utopia," a snake-oil salesman of "foreign"... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Sponsored by the National Education Program of Harding College, with funding by Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and Falk Foundation. Part of Harding College's Fun and Facts about America series. Produced and released in 35mm, the cartoon was... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Make Mine Freedom" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Make Mine Freedom? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!