The Milky WayThe Milky Way (1940) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 135 times this month, and 3628 times total.
- Theatrical FilmTheatrical
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Three Little Kittens.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1941.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on June 22, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
Three kittens, denied milk as punishment for misbehaving, sail up into the Milky Way in a hot air balloon. Once in the Milky Way, they find it a land of natural... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This was the first cartoon not released by Disney to win an Academy Award for animated short subject.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Milky Way" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Milky Way? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!