Peace On EarthPeace On Earth (1939) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 140 times this month, and 9651 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Squirrel Children, Grandpa Squirrel.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Hugh Harman.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Written By Jack Cosgriff, Charles McGirl, Khat Harman.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1940, Parents Magazine Medal, 1940; more Awards ...
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on December 09, 1939.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:46 minutes.
On Christmas Eve, two squirrel children ask their grandfather what men are. He describes them, then narrates the story of how humanity destroyed itself by war, as chilling scenes of armed conflict play on the screen. After the last human dies, the animals take... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Remade in 1955 as Good Will to Men. The first MGM cartoon to be nominated for an Academy Award. The first short subject to receive a Parents Magazine Medal. The only cartoon ever nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Recognizing its value, MGM gave... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Peace On Earth" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Peace On Earth? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!