Puss Gets The BootPuss Gets The Boot (1940) - Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 126 times this month, and 12778 times total.
- Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Jasper (Tom), Jinx (Jerry), Mammy-Two-Shoes.
- Voice Actors: Lillian Randolph [uncredited].
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By Rudolf Ising.
- Animated By Carl Urbano, Tony Pabian, Jack Zander, Pete Burness, Bob Allen.
- Written By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1941.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on February 20, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:15 minutes.
In close-up, Jinx the mouse runs from his opponent. The camera cuts back, and we see that Tom the cat (called Jasper in this film only) has already caught the mouse, who is running on the spot, his tail held by the cat's claw. While Tom toys with his prey, Jerry... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Originally, Mammy Two-Shoes spells out: "O-U-W-T," at the end, but in T.V. versions, she spells it correctly: "O-U-T." Rudolf Ising is incorrectly credited as director (he was the producer); the true directors, William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, are... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Puss Gets The Boot? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!