Smarty CatSmarty Cat (1955) - Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 40 times this month, and 1867 times total.
- Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Tom, Jerry, Spike, Butch, Two Other Cats, White Kitten.
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Animated By Irv Spence, Kenneth Muse, Ed Barge, Michael Lah.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on October 14, 1955.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:50 minutes.
Tom's gang is coming to Tom's place to see a film (shot by black cat Butch) called "Tom the Terrific Cat." This film is made in three parts, and Tom is beating up Spike in all of them. Jerry wants to see the film, too, but is kicked outside. In order to get... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Scenes in Butch's film are reused from earlier Tom and Jerry cartoons. "Lover Boy" is from "Solid Serenade" (1946), "The Dumb Dog" is from "Cat Fishin'" (1946), and "New Leash on Life" is from "Fit to Be Tied" (1952). The roaring lion MGM logo in... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Smarty Cat? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!