The Chinese NightingaleThe Chinese Nightingale (1935) - Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 35 times this month, and 2637 times total.
- Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Harman-Ising Productions
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Chinese Emperor, Nightingale, Crow, Girl Trio.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Written By Hans Christian Andersen.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on April 27, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:28 minutes.
A mini-musical, telling in song (through a trio of Chinese girls) the fairy tale of a beautiful nightingale, beloved of the Chinese emperor, who is gladdened by... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Not currently shown on American television due to potentially offensive racial characterizations.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Chinese Nightingale" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Chinese Nightingale? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!