The Discontented CanaryThe Discontented Canary (1934) - Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 41 times this month, and 2844 times total.
- Happy Harmonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rudolf Ising Productions
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Canary.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on September 01, 1934.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:38 minutes.
- Cinecolor (Two-Strip)
A canary, unhappy with his life in a cage, manages to escape. He flies happily through the outdoors and tries life in the wild to the strains of "Man on the Flying... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The very first MGM cartoon. Also the first in the Happy Harmonies series, though this series is not noted on the original title card; instead this short is labeled as "A Metro Color Cartoon." One of... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Discontented Canary" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Discontented Canary? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!