The Dot And The Line
Alternate Title: The Dot And The Line: A Romance In Lower MathematicsThe Dot And The Line (The Dot And The Line: A Romance In Lower Mathematics) (1965) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 100 times this month, and 5668 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: MGM
- Cartoon Characters: Dot, Line, Squiggle.
- Voice Actors: Robert Morley.
- Directed By Chuck Jones, Maurice Noble.
- Produced By Chuck Jones, Les Goldman.
- Animated By Ken Harris, Tom Ray, Philip Roman, Dick Thompson, Ben Washam, Don Towsley.
- Written By Norton Juster.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1966, Nominee, Golden Palm, Best Short Film, Cannes Film Festival.
- Music: Eugene Poddany.
- Originally Released on December 31, 1965.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10:01 minutes.
A love story in which the line has unrequited love for the dot; she only has eyes for the squiggle. He overcomes his straight-laced life, and the dot sees him for... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Chuck Jones would animate two books by author Norton Juster; this, and 1970's The Phantom Tollbooth. This and 1967's The Bear That Wasn't were MGM's only non-Tom and Jerry animation... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Dot And The Line" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Dot And The Line? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!