The Stingiest Man In Town
English Title: The Number One Miser of the CityThe Stingiest Man In Town (The Number One Miser of the City) (1978) Animated Cartoon Special
This page has been viewed 8 times this month, and 1197 times total.
- Animated TV SpecialCartoonTelevisionSpecialCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rankin-Bass Productions, Top Craft
- Cartoon Characters: Ebenezer Scrooge, Marley's Ghost, Fred, Ghost Of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, Ghost of Christmas Yet To ComeBelle, Martha, Tiny Tim, Belinda, Peter, Mrs. Cratchit, The Boy, B.A.H. Humbug, Street Animals.
- Voice Actors: Walter Matthau, Robert Morse, Theodore Bikel, Dennis Day, Paul Frees, Debra Clinger, Bobby Rolofson, Steffi Calli, Eric Hines; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Arthur Rankin Jr., Jules Bass, Katsuhisa Yamada.
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass, Masaki Iizuka.
- Animated By Kazuyuki Komori, Yoshiko Sasaki, Masahiro Yoshida, Tsuguyuki Kubo, Katsuhisa Yamadu, Toru Hara.
- Written By Romeo Muller, Charles Dickens.
- Music: Fred Spielman, Janice Torre, Bernard Hoffer, Maury Laws, Jerry Graff; more Musicians ...
- Originally Released on December 23, 1978.
- Originally Aired on NBC-TV (USA), TV Asahi (Japan).
- Running Time: 48 minutes.
- U.S.A. / Japan
A cartoon adaptation of Charles Dickens' 1843 novel "A Christmas Carol."
Cartoon Production Information:
This U.S.-Japan co-production was designed as a musical for the American market. It was also customized by the Japanese from a pre-recorded voice and music track. In a rare case of an anime being... (more)
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Stingiest Man In Town? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!