The First Easter RabbitThe First Easter Rabbit (1976) Animated Cartoon Special
This page has been viewed 6 times this month, and 1104 times total.
- Animated TV SpecialCartoonTelevisionSpecialCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rankin-Bass Productions
- Cartoon Characters: The Great Easter Bunny, Stuffy, Flops, Zero, Spats, Whiskers, Glinda, Mother, Calliope, Bruce, Jonathan.
- Voice Actors: Burl Ives.
- Directed By Arthur Rankin Jr., Jules Bass.
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass.
- Animated By Toru Hara, Tsuguyaki Kubo.
- Written By Julian P. Gardner.
- Music: Irving Berlin, Maury Laws.
- Originally Released on April 09, 1976.
- Originally Aired on NBC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
Burl Ives narrates in a fanciful, tuneful and color-splashed tale of the first Easter rabbit, whose mission is to deliver specially painted eggs to good children. Glinda has scarlet fever, so her cuddly toy rabbit Stuffy and all her other possessions have to be... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
A limited-edition (promotion only) Rankin/Bass soundtrack album appears to have Burl Ives' speaking voice slightly changed, particularly at the beginning. Ives' voice (as the Great Easter Bunny) may have been sped up during production of this cartoon... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The First Easter Rabbit. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The First Easter Rabbit? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!