The Merry Old SoulThe Merry Old Soul (1933) - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 38 times this month, and 1674 times total.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Old King Cole, Charlie Chaplin, Greta Garbo, Ed Wynn, Joe E. Brown, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Will Rogers, W. C Fields, Edna Mae Oliver, Maw West, Joe Penner, Al Jolson (in blackface), Jimmy Durante, Harold Lloyd, Zasu Pitts, and The Four Marx Brothers.
- Voice Actors: Bernice Hansen.
- Directed By Walter Lantz, Bill Nolan.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Walter Lantz, Bill Nolan.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1934.
- Originally Released on November 27, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Black & White
Oswald and some other entertainers try to make a depressed Old King Cole laugh. He gathers up a collection of comics including Charlie Chaplin, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. At the castle, they start singing off-kilter versions of Mother Goose rhymes, complete... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Oswald, at the time, usually wears a collar shirt and shorts. Here, he is seen in a sweater and pants. This particular outfit was previously worn by Pooch the Pup, another Walter Lantz character. Among those that appear in the film are the... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Merry Old Soul" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Merry Old Soul? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!