Scrub Me Mama With A Boogie BeatScrub Me Mama With A Boogie Beat (1941) - Cartune Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 29 times this month, and 1697 times total.
- Cartune Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Universal Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Boogie Woogie, Boat Captain, Two Fighters, Mammy Washing Clothes.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Walter Lantz.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Alex Lovy, Frank Tipper.
- Written By Ben Hardaway.
- Music: Darrell Calker, Don Raye.
- Originally Released on March 28, 1941.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:04 minutes.
Lazytown (population 123½) is a sleepy Southern burg along the banks of the Mississippi that's home to some outrageously stereotyped blacks. Everyone is lazy here- even the fish! The all-black townspeople nap and attract flies. They fall asleep in the middle of... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Written by Don Raye in 1940, the title tune was a hit for the Andrews Sisters. One scene was excerpted in the finale of Spike Lee's feature film "Bamboozled." This cartoon is not currently shown on American television because of characters, scenes... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Scrub Me Mama With A Boogie Beat" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Scrub Me Mama With A Boogie Beat? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!