Slingshot 6 7/8Slingshot 6 7/8 (1951) - Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 8 times this month, and 1085 times total.
- Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal International
- Cartoon Characters: Woody Woodpecker, Buzz Buzzard, Wally Walrus.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Walter Lantz.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Ray Abrams, Don Patterson, LaVerne Harding, Paul Smith.
- Music: Clarence E. Wheeler.
- Originally Released on July 23, 1951.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:38 minutes.
- Production Number: U-4.
A shooting contest (carrying a $1,000 prize) in a Western frontier town narrows itself down to two pretty sharp-eyed finalists: Indian Buzz Buzzard and his bow and arrow, and tenderfoot Woody Woodpecker. In Woody's hands, "Slingshot 6 7/8" is a weapon to be... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
As Woody first comes into the Western town, look for "Ray Abrams' Gun Shop," "Patterson's Mining Supplies" and "Ken's Coffee & Do-Nuts" (probably refers to animator Ken Southworth) in the background. A scene edited for television shows Woody... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Slingshot 6 7/8" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Slingshot 6 7/8? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!