Saddle SillySaddle Silly (1941) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 11 times this month, and 1732 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Pony Express Rider, Ponies, Dispatcher.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Chuck Jones.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Philip DeLara, Robert Cannon, Ken Harris, Ben Washam.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on November 08, 1941.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:31 minutes.
- Production Number: 213.
A series of spot gags about the Pony Express, spoofing the Express itself, its riders and its horses. There's a "punch line" finale.
Cartoon Production Information:
The elements comprising this cartoon foreshadow many concerns that director Charles M. Jones later refined in his Road Runner series: extreme speed, a painted desert landscape, and repeated falling off cliffs.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Saddle Silly" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Saddle Silly? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!