Slap Happy PappySlap Happy Pappy (1940) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 10 times this month, and 1766 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Eddie Cackler, Bing Crosby Chicken, Chickens.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By John Carey, I. Ellis.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on April 13, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:54 minutes.
- Production Number: 9370.
- Black & White
A chicken on Porky's farm named Eddie Cackler gets all daughters and wants to have a boy baby, which the hens are "eggspecting." A Bing Crosby chicken gives him some crooning advice, as that is how he was able to have... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The two roosters are parodies of Eddie Cantor and Bing Crosby. In real life, Eddie Cantor had five daughters; his desire to have a son was a running gag in his comedy act. Bing Crosby had four sons. Jack Benny is also caricatured. This cartoon... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Slap Happy Pappy" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Slap Happy Pappy? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!