The DaydreamerThe Daydreamer (1966) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 27 times this month, and 1184 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Joseph E. Levine, Rankin Bass Productions, Videocraft International
- Distributed by: Embassy Pictures Corporation
- Cartoon Characters: Chris, Papa Andersen, Mrs. Klopplebobbler, The Sea Witch, Zenith, Thumbelina, The Mole, Father Neptune, The Rat, The Little Mermaid, The Sandman, Second Tailor (Brigadier Zachary Zilch), The Emperor, The Pieman, Big Claus, Two Mice, Ugly Duckling, Emperor's Entourage, Townspeople, Game Warden, Frog, Bugs, Bats, Sparrow, Rat's Slave, Puck, Little Boy.
- Voice Actors: Paul O'Keefe, Tallulah Bankhead, Victor Borge, Patty Duke, Jack Gilford, Sessue Hayakawa, Margaret Hamilton, Burl Ives, Boris Karloff; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Jules Bass, Kizo Nagashima.
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Joseph E. Levine, Larry Roemer.
- Written By Arthur Rankin J, Romeo Muller, Hans Christian Andersen.
- Music: Maury Laws, Jules Bass, Don Costa, Robert Goulet.
- Originally Released on July 29, 1966.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 105 minutes.
- U.S.A. / Canada / United Kingdom / France / Japan
Teenage Hans Christian Andersen- or, as he is called in this film, Chris Anderson- is told by his father about an enchanted land called the Garden Of Paradise. In... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Combined live action and Animagic. Al Hirschfeld produced a caricature of each performer, which accompanies the opening credits. The film was shot at The Denmark Exhibit at The 1964/1965 New York... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Daydreamer. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Daydreamer? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!