Wanpaku Ôji No Orochi Taiji
English Title: The Little Prince And The Eight-Headed DragonWanpaku Ôji No Orochi Taiji (The Little Prince And The Eight-Headed Dragon, Rainbow Bridge) (1963) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 20 times this month, and 904 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Tôei Dôga
- Cartoon Characters: Susano, Akahana (Red-Nose), Giant Fish, Fire Monster, Orochi, Sun Goddess Amaterasu, Kushinada.
- Voice Actors: Tomohito Sumita, Yukiko Okada, Chiharu Kuri, Masato Yamauchi, Kiyoshi Kawakubo, Hideo Kinoshita, Kinshirô Iwao; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Yûgo Serikawa, Isao Takahata, Kimio Yabuki.
- Produced By Hiroshi Ôkawa.
- Animated By Hideo Furusawa, Masao Kumakawa, Yasuo Ôtsuka, Daikichirô Kusube, Shun Nagasawa, Reiko Okuyama, Masatake Kida, Chikao Fujii.
- Written By Ichirô Ikeda, Takashi Iijima.
- Music: Akira Ifukube.
- Editor: Ikuzô Inaba.
- Originally Released on March 24, 1963.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 85 minutes.
Based on Japanese mythology, a little prince leaves home to find the spirit of his dead mother. Along the way, he battles a giant fish, a fire monster and the eight-headed dragon.
Cartoon Production Information:
The three tales in this film are adapted from chapters of the "Nihon Shoki," an eighth-century chronicle linking historical Japanese emperors with gods and demigods. Much of the historical background... (more)
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wanpaku Ôji No Orochi Taiji? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!