The Wreck Of The HesperusThe Wreck Of The Hesperus (1944) - Mighty Mouse Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 26 times this month, and 4202 times total.
- Mighty Mouse Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- TerryToon Cartoons
- Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
- Cartoon Characters: Mighty Mouse, Captain, Captain's Daughter, Other Mice, Sharks, Octopuses.
- Voice Actors: Tom Morrison.
- Directed By Mannie Davis.
- Produced By Paul Terry.
- Written By John Foster, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Music: Philip A. Scheib.
- Originally Released on February 11, 1944.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 5:50 minutes.
- Production Number: 4403
An old sea captain takes his young daughter along on a voyage. The sea gets rough, but the captain thinks that he can make his way. When the hurricane hits the Hesperus, the skipper faces shoals and shipwreck. As the captain lashes his daughter to the mast, the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Follows the poem "The Wreck of the Hesperus" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow very closely, up until Mighty Mouse arrives. This was the first cartoon in which TerryToons changed the name of the character "Supermouse" to "Mighty Mouse." Created by I.... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Wreck Of The Hesperus" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Wreck Of The Hesperus? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!