Cherry Blossom FestivalCherry Blossom Festival (1963) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 7 times this month, and 607 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- TerryToon Cartoons, CBS Films
- Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
- Cartoon Characters: Hashimoto the Mouse, Hanako, Yuriko, Saburo.
- Voice Actors: John Myhers.
- Directed By Bob Kuwahara.
- Produced By Bill Weiss.
- Music: Philip A. Scheib.
- Editor: George McAroy.
- Originally Released on June 17, 1963.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
In this show, Hashimoto told a series of stories about Japan and its history to G.I. Joe (a newspaper reporter). After this initial run in theaters, additional... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Hashimoto the Mouse may be the first Asian character in an American cartoon with a positive, non-stereotyped image.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Cherry Blossom Festival? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!