The Television Job
Alternate Title: The TV JobThe Television Job (The TV Job) (1961) Episode D-101- Calvin and the Colonel Cartoon Episode Guide
This page has been viewed 18 times this month, and 904 times total.
- Calvin and the Colonel Cartoon Episode GuideEpisode GuideTelevisionSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Kayro Productions
- Animation Studio: Creston Studios
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures Television
- Cartoon Characters: Colonel Montgomery J. Klaxon, Calvin Burnside, Susan Culpepper, Maggie Belle Klaxon, Judge Oliver Wendell Clutch, Harold, Policeman, Gladys, Woman, Harold.
- Voice Actors: Freeman F. Gosden.
- Directed By Charles McKimson, John Walker.
- Produced By Joe Connelly, Bob Mosher.
- Animated By Buf Partch, Arch Lean, Bob Maxfield, Barbara Williams, Earl Combs, Casey Onaitis, Phil Roman, Barney Posner, Morey Golub, Tom McDonald Jr., Frank Andrina, Tom McDonald, Fred Madison; more Animators ...
- Written By Joe Connelly, Bob Mosher.
- Music: George Bruns.
- Editor: Norman Vizents, Chuck McCann.
- First Aired on October 03, 1961.
- Originally Aired on ABC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
Maggie Belle and Sister Sue get the Colonel a job (despite his protest) picking up televisions to be repaired. Things go wrong when he and Calvin not only pick up a wrong television, but break it when they fall down the stairs. Meanwhile, it's the Colonel's... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Calvin and the Colonel is a thinly-disguised version of Amos and Andy, with the black human characters changed to a fox and a bear to avoid offense. In fact, Freeman F. Gosden (The Colonel) and Charles J. Correll (Calvin) portrayed Amos and Andy on... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Television Job. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Television Job? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!