In The Shade Of The Old Apple TreeIn The Shade Of The Old Apple Tree (1930) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 2 times this month, and 973 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Bears.
- Voice Actors: Billy Murray.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Music: Egbert Van Alstyne, Harry Williams.
- Originally Released on January 16, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Black & White
The clock and whistle above a factory door sound for lunch, and the workers run out. A bear tries to eat his sandwich, but it opens like a big mouth, when he opens his. An apple is the bouncing ball. Later, a banjo-playing bear woos his honey under an apple tree.... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs. Billy Murray recorded a parody of the title... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of In The Shade Of The Old Apple Tree. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about In The Shade Of The Old Apple Tree? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!