SmilesSmiles (1929) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 31 times this month, and 1129 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Male Vocal Quartet.
- Voice Actors: Billy Murray.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Music: Lee S. Roberts, J. Will Callahan.
- Originally Released on September 27, 1929.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Black & White
A male vocal quartet is singing on stage. A spotlight close up shows their eyeballs shaking hands. The bouncing ball begins. Later, back on stage, one guy plays a series of instruments. Another leans out of a window and plays the written score as if the letters... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Smiles. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Smiles? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!