Sock-A-Bye, BabySock-A-Bye, Baby (1934) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 38 times this month, and 1898 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Adolph Zukor
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Billy.
- Voice Actors: William "Red Pepper Sam" Costello.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer.
- Animated By Seymour Kneitel, Roland Crandall.
- Originally Released on January 19, 1934.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:22 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye tries to silence all kinds of noisemakers so that Billy can sleep. Anyone or anything that makes noise and wakes up the baby gets punched out by Popeye. The sailor man is not above wrecking a whole city so that a baby... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
According to Fred Grandinetti's "Popeye: An Illustrated History", the baby in this cartoon is not Swee'pea! He's actually Betty Boop's little brother, Billy. A caricatured Harpo Marx plays the harp in a brief appearance. The original black and... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Sock-A-Bye, Baby" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Sock-A-Bye, Baby? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!